At PhiTools we are committed to protecting your privacy.
You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need additional information about you in order to provide the information or services you are requesting and this Privacy Statement explains data collection and use in those situations.
This Policy was last updated on February the 2nd, 2006.
This applies to all information collected or submitted on the PhiTools website.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you ("personal information", "personal information data" or "data" as used herein) or allows us to contact you. Personal information collected by PhiTools is often limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a requested service, where an employment opportunity is being processed.
We collect information in several ways, outlined below:
- On some pages you can register to receive information on an automated basis. The type of information you can register to receive in this manner included general corporate information about PhiTools. The personal information collected when you register to receive information on an automated basis is your e-mail address. You will have the option of cancelling your registration and removing your e-mail from the database on each occasion that you receive an automated e-mail alert, by clicking on an unsubscribe link on each e-mail alert message.
- On some pages you may choose to provide personal information about yourself if you are interested in pursuing an employment opportunity with PhiTools, or if you are interested in providing services to PhiTools. In each case the information requested will be dependent upon the area of interest being pursued.
- On some pages you may choose to register to receive access to web casts, periodic updates or information on specific PhiTools services. Generally the personal information collected in such cases is your name, title, company and e-mail address. This information is collected for qualification and aggregate measurement purposes only.
- On some pages you can register to receive customized information. This information is generally collected on "Contact Us" forms where you may choose to be contacted by PhiTools. The personal information collected in these cases include your name, title, company, address, contact details and e-mail address.
- PhiTools also collects certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include; your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain and monitor quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of PhiTools.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure PhiTools is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services and information about PhiTools that you request.
- To assist PhiTools in creating and publishing content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to updated information about PhiTools and PhiTools services if you so request.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of PhiTools as appropriate.
PhiTools respects the privacy rights and interests of its web site visitors and the following principles will be applied by PhiTools when dealing with personal information data:
- Data will be collected for the purposes specified above and used accordingly. The collection and processing of the data will be limited to these purposes and you are hereby informed in advance of the purposes and uses of such data.
- Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive relative to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Data will be as accurate as possible and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Data will not be kept longer than is appropriate or necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed or local legal requirements.
- Data will be collected, used and retained in accordance with the legal rights of the data subjects.
Appropriate technical and physical measures will be taken to prevent unauthorised access, accidental loss, destruction or damage to data and any unauthorised organisation, disclosure or processing.
We store the information you provide in a secure electronic database in order to provide you with the information and/or services you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed.
This site and the electronic database have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information under our control.
By submitting your personal information you agree that PhiTools may process it for the purposes and in accordance with the principles outlined herein. PhiTools processes personal information data fairly and lawfully for the purposes as outlined herein only. Processing for these purposes includes obtaining, recording, holding, organising, transferring, adapting, amending, recovering, consulting, using, limiting, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, aligning, blocking, destroying and erasing data.
In the case of processing employment opportunities with PhiTools processing of data may include, but is not limited, to:
- Candidate status
- work history/job data
- employer feedback
This list is not exhaustive and may be changed and/or added to from time to time.
Subject to local legal requirements, PhiTools may use external services to collect, process and/or validate personal information data. PhiTools requires that any such external service will ensure adequate protection for personal information data and complies with local legal requirements.
PhiTools may collect candidate feedback and opinions periodically (e.g. surveys) for business purposes, such as improving processes, subject to local legal requirements. You may respond to these surveys voluntarily or may elect not to respond and will not suffer reprisals for your decision.
These guidelines will be applicable to personal information provided as response to the surveys.
To operate as a global business it may be necessary to process and transfer personal information data within PhiTools businesses. This may involve transferring personal information data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to the USA and elsewhere.
Processing and/or transfer of personal information data and release of such information within PhiTools and/or to third parties outside the European Economic Area is subject to local law and, where required, will be subject to your consent, as well as ensuring adequate security measures.
Disclosure to Third Parties
PhiTools may be obliged to disclose certain personal information data to third parties such as Government Authorities.
It may be necessary to disclose certain personal information data to a supplier or contractor organisation supplying services which require the use and/or creation of personal information data.
It may also be necessary to disclose personal information data so as to protect the legal interests and other rights of PhiTools, subject to local legal requirements.
PhiTools has in place security to protect manual and electronic processing of personal information data and prevent its misuse, subject to local legal requirements. PhiTools also ensures adequate security is observed by third parties and affiliates processing personal information data on behalf of PhiTools, subject to local legal requirements.
Sensitive Personal Data
PhiTools ensures special protection for Sensitive Personal Data. This is defined by PhiTools as:
- demographic data (e.g. sex, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, trade union membership and criminal proceedings); and
- medical data (e.g. pre-placement medicals, and other medical documents produced for the purposes of employment, such as, drug screen results); and
- personal financial data.
PhiTools may process this type of data for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring, or if it is prescribed by law, or it is needed for the protection of life, health or freedom, or if it is required for the performance of your employment contract, subject to appropriate security safeguards and local legal requirements.
If required by local law, your explicit consent may be obtained to the processing of sensitive personal data.
Except as described herein, we will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personal information, except to the extent reasonably necessary:
- to correct technical errors and to technically process your personal information;
- to protect the security and integrity of PhiTools;
- to protect any PhiTools property or rights or obligations and/or the property, rights or obligations of third parties where PhiTools may have an obligation or liability in respect of these;
- to take precautions against potential liability on the part of PhiTools;
- to any extent required by law, applicable regulation or judicial process;
- to any extent permitted under any other applicable legal or regulatory provisions to provide information to law enforcement agencies or to provide information in respect of a matter related to public safety.
We receive IP addresses in the normal course of the operation of PhiTools . An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you may access the Internet. Although we do receive IP addresses, we do not use them to identify you personally or disclose them to others.
You have the right to see personal information that PhiTools holds about you (subject to certain legal limitations). To do this you should refer to "Contact Information" below.
PhiTools will confirm your rights of access to such personal information data. This may include the origin of such data, the purposes for which it has been collected, processed and transferred and the recipients of such data. PhiTools will allow you to view your personal information data within a reasonable period, within relevant legal time limits and subject to local legal requirements.
You are encouraged to ensure that personal information data is kept up to date and amend any such data, which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. name and address). If you disagree with the accuracy or completeness of any personal information data, please notify PhiTools in accordance with "Contact Information"; below PhiTools will endeavour to resolve any issues concerning your personal information data in accordance with relevant procedures.
PhiTools is a general audience site and no part of the site is structured to attract children. It is PhiTools's view that the nature of the subject matter is unlikely to be of general interest to children but notwithstanding this, PhiTools does not knowingly collect any personal information from children
Should you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at +33(0) 367 101 935 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
PhiTools provides advanced software solutions and services for biosignal processing, sleep analysis, psychophysiological research and clinical trials. PhiTools, software tools and services for psychophysiology, polysmonography and chronobiology.